shopping139
TaobaoHub.com
http://www.taobaoring.com/
www.taobao.pe

SinoCom.org Forums: Taobao & Business in China > Business in China > For Newbies

Old 29-06-10, 06:11 PM   #1
Lemontea
super moderator
Lemontea is offlineOffline

Default pay less IIT tax in China

Individual Income Tax China
This guide helps you to understand income tax in China and even provides tips how to pay less tax! Individual Income Tax (IIT) is a form of tax you have to pay over your salary in China. Your employer should already withhold the correct amount of tax so for individuals it's very easy. The tax levels in Shenzhen/China progressively increase from 5% to 45% (for the part of your salary over 100K rmb/month). Chinese nationals don't have to pay tax over the first 2000RMB of their income and foreigners enjoy a tax-free limit of 4800RMB. With the help of the table below, it's easy to calculate how much tax you have to pay in China:

How to pay less tax in China

Grade Monthly Taxable Income Tax Rate (%) Quick Deduction (makes calculation below easier)

1 Income of 500 yuan or less 5 0
2 That part of income in excess of 500 to 2,000 yuan 10 25
3 That part of income in excess of 2,000 to 5,000 yuan 15 125
4 That part of income in excess of 5,000 to 20,000 yuan 20 375
5 That part of income in excess of 20,000 to 40,000 yuan 25 1375
6 That part of income in excess of 40,000 to 60,000 yuan 30 3375
7 That part of income in excess of 60,000 to 80,000 yuan 35 6375
8 That part of income in excess of 80,000 to 100,000 yuan 40 10375
9 That part of income in excess of 100,000 yuan 45 15375

The formula for computing the amount of tax payable is:

Monthly taxable income = Monthly aggregate wages/salaries - 4800 yuan (foreigner)

Monthly amount of tax payable = Monthly taxable income ЧApplicable rate (see table above) - Quick deduction

An example:

Suppose you earn 10.000 RMB/month in China as a foreigner;

Your monthly taxable income is then 10.000 - 4800 = 5200 RMB. 5200 RMB * 0.20 (20% tax rate for 5000-20000) = 1040 - 375 (quick deduct) = 665 RMB tax per month. Because your employer should already withhold the tax, you should receive 9335 RMB in your bank account. (that amounts to about 7%)

How to pay less IIT tax in China

I think the Chinese tax-system is already quite reasonable (for example lower levels than in the Netherlands), but you can pay even less tax if you pay for certain expenses and have invoices for them. Tip: start asking those invoices in restaurants and save them!

The Chinese government has a tax-benefit program for foreigners in China. You can only benefit from this program via your employer (that means: you employer needs to arrange it). The "Expatriate IIT relief" allows you to declare certain costs (such as food, steam drying clothes, one time moving fees, children's tuition etc). Because you already paid tax over those items, they allow you to pay less tax over your income. So for example when you hand in 1000RMB worth of official invoices (fapiao) for eating in a month to your HR department, you can pay 200RMB (20% of of 1000) less in personal income tax (your HR department deducts that 200 from the amount of tax you pay). I guess that one time moving fees work the same: you would hand in the airplane tickets and perhaps shipping invoices etc (up to a limit based on your salary). Your company can then deduct that from your personal income tax. Because you get the money "back" via personal income tax, and because your employer already deducts the tax for you, you need their help with it. I suppose your employer needs to apply once to the government to take part in this plan, but I'm not sure about this.

The exact list of items:

Housing allowance
Food allowance
Laundry fees
Fees incurred by family visits
Language training fees
One-time expenses for moving
Children's tuition

The amount of money you can declare, depends on your salary. The table below shows the details:
Monthly salary range
Monthly Max Amount for
1+2+3+4+5

100K and above 21000 (2+3<=3500)
50K-100K below 13000 (2+3<=3000)
20K-50K below 9000 (2+3<=2500)
20K below 5300 (2+3<=2000)

The amount for items 6 and 7 is based on the actual costs.

So for example you earn 10.000 RMB per month. That means you can hand in 2000 RMB worth of invoices from restaurants each month. You can also add your utility + rent bills and whatever is applicable to the housing allowance. The total should be below 5300 though. For example you hand in 2000 RMB in total. Normally you would pay 665 RMB tax (see IIT above), but now you will get a tax-break of 20% of 2000RMB (400 RMB), so you will only pay 265RMB tax in a month! If your houserent is for example over 1325 RMB/month, that would mean you pay no IIT tax at all anymore!

The procedure works like this:

Your HR department will ask you to sign an agreement stating that you only hand in real invoices

Before the middle of each month, you hand in an overview of your costs during the previous month + original invoices (fapiao)

The HR department checks the invoices and calculates the tax-deduction (20% of what you hand in).
In your next salary statement you will see the lower tax rate

Old 20-09-10, 02:38 PM   #2
Raykirk
Новичок
Raykirk is offlineOffline

Default Re: pay less IIT tax in China

This will lead to a fair tax. No need to worry about the calculations of my tax. This guide will definitely help us to lessen the tax that we are paying.

Old 23-01-12, 01:42 PM   #3
rikyjakes
rikyjakes is offlineOffline

I plan to make my own business in china

digital printing
variable data printing

Old 24-01-12, 09:44 AM   #4
drewbarry
drewbarry is offlineOffline

This will lead to a fair tax. No need to worry about the calculations of my tax. This guide will definitely help us to lessen the tax that we are paying.
Yeah, I agree with you dude. By this post we would learn on how to lessen the taxes that we pay in our business.

Last edited by drewbarry; 24-01-12 at 03:25 PM.

Old 27-02-12, 09:50 AM   #5
HarryBrown
HarryBrown is offlineOffline

Now I know why China don't suffer from poverty, it's because of the taxes of the people.

garage doors

Old 01-03-12, 11:48 AM   #6
kimcarter14
kimcarter14 is offlineOffline

I never though that invoices in restaurants can help lessen your taxes if you're starting a business.

Old 27-03-12, 10:49 PM   #7
jonascurtis
jonascurtis is offlineOffline

你好
I want to organize a business in China like Chinese foods.Maybe after two years.

Old 02-04-12, 01:59 PM   #8
seozone
seozone is offlineOffline

Default Best Business Mobile Phones

Best Business Mobile Phones

Whatever venture you run interaction is vital, between consumers and also your personnel. Best business mobile phones are a key to profitable interaction and in today's venture world, are a crucial business instrument. With cell phones being a regular portion of on a typical basis life for so many individuals it could be putting your enterprise at a prime drawback in case you and your staff weren't linked to the mobile world.
The main benefit of cell phones is that you can be contacted always. If you're far from the workplace then workforce or shoppers can still attain you, and if you do not wish to be disturbed you merely flip your telephone off and let messages visit voice mail. Even if you may solely speak briefly a consumer shall be happier with exact contact with you fairly than simply getting a recorded message. It additionally implies your body of workers can contact you when you're out of the workplace, which can lead to larger productiveness. If they need to wait till you're back in the workplace before having the capability to ask a question, get your recommendation or refer a query to you, plenty of time is wasted whilst they have to lay tasks on maintain. If they can attain you at any time whilst you're out of the workplace your body of workers will manage to work more effectively and won't become annoyed. A complete network of body of workers or workplaces will manage to be in contact instantly, no matter where there, and with efficient employer to employee and general workforce interaction, your enterprise will run much more efficiently.
Blackberry cell phones trademark is a Canadian producer. These cellular are beautified with top and developed technology together with high-end utility instruments. It has rather more than the user can ever assume of. It provides you with unmatched velocity and accuracy whilst functioning.
It has discovered that Blackberry gizmos specially prefer venture class in relation to effectiveness and developed options. These digital duos are the mixture of top tools with high degree sophistication so it attracts increasingly more venture woes. As it provides you with nice speed web connectivity that's lethal wanted by all venture expert. All Blackberry cell phones are distorted with high quality options and energy packed with unending high class options.
Fully fledged QWERTY keyboard is a routine option in this trademark. Apart for elderly age MMS and SMS messaging it permits you to receive or send E-mail with the assistance of this widget It also contains doc viewer facility that permits you to read all you Microsoft phrase, PowerPoint, excel , and many more. Apart from all these fantastic options these duos distorted with built-in GPS navigation that's accompanied by Blackberry maps. All cell phones have stylish looks that aren't merely match ready by every other cell phone in cellular market. That's not the finish, these duos come up with high zoom optical camera , large reminiscence slots, strange connectivity and leisure features.
Blackberry cellular handsets come up with highly effective EDGE and GPRS technologies together with embedded Web browser. All the applied sciences that are presented for the users so as to surf the web with the assistance of this mechanism with a higher degree of sophistication is simply nice

Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G Android Phone (Sprint).

Old 03-04-12, 12:24 AM   #9
joshcarter
joshcarter is offlineOffline

My life was a business.I can't live without this as a businessman in Shanghai.I just wanted to know about the business organization you are talking about.